My journey with the ACO started late last year with an audition in Melbourne’s Hamer Hall. Little did I know that only a few months later I’d be playing with the Orchestra in Carnegie Hall!
I was offered the once in a lifetime opportunity of touring to the US as part of the ACO’s Emerging Artists Program. As well as many programs each year, including a regional tour, being an EA offers benefits such as lessons with an ACO mentor, season tickets and the opportunity to watch any ACO rehearsals – we aren’t treated any differently to the core players of the Orchestra.
I highly recommend anyone to consider applying for next year’s program.
In my first few days on tour, I was slightly apprehensive, being so young and new; however within a very short time, I knew everyone. That’s one significant thing I came to realise: everyone in the ACO is so down to earth and friendly…and together they form such an exceptional group of musicians! It was very rewarding getting to know everyone off the concert stage.
If anyone reading this is familiar with the Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA, then you will have an idea of the amazing venues we performed in. The guest artists were also exceptional. Having listened to many recordings of the tour’s soloists in the past, it was very exciting working with Andreas Scholl and Paul Lewis.
I would like to thank everyone at the ACO for providing me with this amazing experience; they were some of the best weeks of my life.
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment