
Fancy yourself a bit of a wordsmith? Want to try your hand at reviewing?
We've got some tickets for fans in Sydney and Melbourne who want to go along to The Red Tree and write a review of the concert which we'll post here on the blog and the on website.
Learn more about The Red Tree here and then email aco (at) aco (dot) com (dot) au and tell us in 25 words why you should get the tickets and write the review.
Hurry: entries close noon Friday 11 July.
(Note to Sydney entrants: you must be able to go to the Sydney performance on at 2.30pm on Sunday 20 July.)
2 comments:
We saw 'The Red Tree' in Melbourne last night. The second half really worked for us but the first half didn't. It was a matter of EITHER Shostakovich's wonderful string quartet (arranged brilliantly) OR the fascinating pics. Unfortunately concentrating on one blotted out the other for us.
Perhaps we're not ready for double experiences??
The Red Tree was outstanding and I was blown away by how well the choir the orchestra and images all interacted. It was a huge success and I think would be great to export this piece to overseas audiences.
Initially I was quite apprehensive and distracted seeing the images of The Arrival to the Shostakovich like the reader above.
However I found by the end of the work I was converted. Some of the pictures especially with destructive war imagery were quite evocative juxtaposed against the abject darkness of human spirit that Shostakovitch is so able to invoke. MD
Post a Comment